Drug Dosing Information
Giving your child over-the-counter OTC medication is not something to take lightly. Although these medicines have been proven safe - they are still medicine.
You can create a dosing chart for your child customized for his or her weight and age here: Child's Customized Dosing Chart.
Here we provide general dosing guidelines for safe OTC medications. This information is not a substitute for the advice of your child's pediatrician or healthcare provider.
- Ibuprofen (Motrin®) Dosing Chart
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol®) Dosing Chart
- Loratadine (Claritin®) Dosing Chart
- Dextromethorphan (Delsym®) Dosing Chart
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl®) Dosing Chart
- 1 kilogram (kg) = 2.2 pounds (lbs)
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) = 5 milliliters (mL)
- 1 tablespoon (tbsp) = 15 milliliters (mL)
- 1 gram (g) = 1000 milligrams (mg)
- 1 milligram (mg) = 1000 micrograms (mcg)